Book Review # 1

By Chaste & Beautiful - Thursday, September 18, 2014

I'm going to start a book series in which I would write the reviews of the books I've read.Today the book I'm going to review is "The Fault In Our Stars" by John Green and believe me I myself don't know what I'm going to write.

The Fault In Our Stars has been tremendously raved about on the internet and after giving it a read,I was confused and a little irritated for not having the same favourable feelings like the entire lovers of "The Fault In Our Stars" felt.

I'm not trying to be biased here nor I'm being in favour.This book is about a girl named Hazel who suffers from lung cancer and during her phase she meets Augustus Waters who is a funny and a cool guy.Hazel is surrounded by cancer patients as the story revolves around cancer and the two characters fall in love with each other but destiny has something else in store for them.Now that is a page turning chapter because both the characters know that they would have to face the unavoidable.

When I finished this book, I felt a bit emotional but didn't fell head over heels in love with this book but I agree that this book has a special beauty which many others don't.The beauty lies in the way the writer has written the book.He makes us aware of the things we ignore.He has told us that cancer patients feel the same way as we normal people do.We are able to feel the emotional period cancer patients go through and how strong and struggling they are.Whenever Augustus popped a cigarette in his mouth without lighting it,it made me smile and sad at the same time.

This book is sweet,humorous,sad and the writer did a wonderful job of keeping the characters lively and connected in numerous ways till the end.I so wished I knew half the vocabulary the writer used in this book.Overall I liked it and would recommend it to people who like to read sorrowful and emotional stuff.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Readers I love to read your comments so feel free to comment on my blog but please keep a lid on bad language. If you have any questions or queries, email me at beautyheidi8@gmail.com