REVIEW || Missha Super Aqua Oil Clear Gel Cream

By Chaste & Beautiful - Sunday, July 22, 2018


Hello Peeps,

This time I’ve really crossed all limits of being MIA, God I’ve been really neglecting my blog! Maybe because all this time I found no inspiration to come back and start writing again if it hadn’t been due to some recent beauty purchases I made. I’ve bought quite a few important items that were almost toppling over from my wish list and it would’ve been foolish keeping you in the dark. Well, this isn’t a haul post, instead, I’ll be reviewing the Missha Super Aqua Oil Clear Gel Cream.

I remember buying this cream in May because I needed something oil-free and gel-like to moisturize my skin without feeling heavy. I still have it with me but it’s nearly finished and before I could scrap the whole stuff off, I decided to give my two cents on this product.


Price, Packaging & Availability

I got this for PKR 2224 on 58% discount since it originally costs PKR 5280 from Daraz.pk from their retailer “The SkinFit” which is a trustworthy shopping page - you can find them on facebook as well. Luckily, this cream is still available on discount here for 70ml which in my opinion is less quantity, I would have liked it to be 100ml especially in this price tag.

The product arrives in a secure cardboard box and the lid has a safety cap as well to preserve the product’s hygiene and keep it away from dust particles. It is a transparent aqua-tinted glass container with a white cap and white labels. I must say the packaging has a luxurious vibe to it and the blue color is extremely eye-catching. 


Product Claims & Main Ingredients

1. The Gel-based cream provides refreshing moisture
Semi-transparent, gel-based cream provides bursting moisture
to the skin that does not cause excess shine or oiliness.

2. Mattifies skin by controlling excess sebum
Witch Hazel minimizes pores, controls sebum production, and leaves the skin fresh and soft.

3. Ethanol-free, safe for sensitive skin
The absence of ethanol makes the Oil Clear Cleansing Foam safe
on use for all skin types from oily to sensitive. 


RECOMMENDED FOR

- Those who have difficulty with makeup adherence due to oily skin
- Those who tend to skip moisturizer to avoid creating additional oil on the skin
- Those who find other oil control products to be too drying
- Those concerned with exaggerated pore size due to oiliness




My Thoughts

I read numerous reviews before buying this product and the more I read about it, the more I was convinced that it suited my skin needs perfectly. Also, since the expansion of Korean Skincare, I had been on the verge to try something and this cream turned out to be my first Korean product purchase.

My first impressions of this cream were mindblowing, It made my skin look flawless, ideally moisturized yet without an ounce of stickiness which many other creams in summer fall flat at. It was everything I wished for - lightweight, quick rather instant with results, provided youthful skin, blurred my pores and gave my skin a very dewy, supple appearance. The consistency of this product is just amazing, it’s very slippery/watery and sinks into the skin like a dream.

In better words, I was on cloud nine to have found my holy grail summer moisturizer, only to be disappointed later when my skin started breaking out. I was frustrated and in a frenzy to find out what was happening to my skin. Every day, a new zit framed my face, mostly in the shape of whiteheads and I hated that. Just out of curiosity, I stopped using this product for a few days and do you know what happened? Those newly acquired zits started ebbing out!

I really wanted this moisturizer to work for me, I still think it’s brilliant but sadly it breaks me out. I gave this to my mother and it works perfectly for her oily skin, rather I must add she loves it which makes me happy because at least someone got a good use out of it.

Missha, as a brand has always intrigued me but unfortunately, my experience didn’t go well with this cream. I might try their Night Revolution Serum or their cushion foundation in the winter season to further explore the brand. I’m not sure exactly which ingredient in this cream reacted badly with my skin, neither do I have the strength to research so.




Pros

  • Sinks beautifully into the skin
  • Attractive Looks
  • Provides pore-blurring, youthful results
  • Makes skin look firm and dewy
  • Doesn’t feel heavy or make me feel sweaty
  • The consistency is silky and thin
  • Smells refreshing
  • Secure packaging


Cons

  • Very expensive with less quantity
  • Might be too much for sensitive noses
  • Broke me out (Might work differently for you)
  • Not locally available
  • Makes my eyes watery (Don’t know why)
  • Scent lingers (I don’t like that) 


Recommendation

I am not sure how this will work out for everyone but I think it is great for oily-skinned people or folks looking for something highly lightweight in the summertime (if it doesn’t react unfavorably with your skin, that is!)


Would I Repurchase?

Maybe for my mother! 


Have You Tried Anything From Missha?


Don’t forget to follow me on Bloglovin and Gfc………..

Share Love and follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagram, and Pinterest……

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thanks for reviewing the aqua cream. The price tag seems a bit a high though, and i am not sure if i trust daraz to deliver. i'm going to have a look on: onzaar beauty

    ReplyDelete

Readers I love to read your comments so feel free to comment on my blog but please keep a lid on bad language. If you have any questions or queries, email me at beautyheidi8@gmail.com