Review // Rimmel Lasting Finish High Coverage Concealer!

By Chaste & Beautiful - Thursday, August 11, 2016


Hiya Everybody,

When it comes to concealers, it feels like I haven’t explored much, though I have a clear mindset when it comes to what I expect from a concealer. A concealer helps to seal those problematic areas and offer that nice, fine-tuned appearance to the skin, right? But the Rimmel Lasting Finish concealer proved to be a weirdly appalling product. I expected a lot from it and bought it without even giving a second thought to how a cream based concealer might behave against my dry/normal skin tone. 


Price, Purchase and Packaging

I bought this concealer in shade “010 Porcelain” from Daraz.pk for 503 PKR. I got this at a very reasonable rate. In packaging, well, Rimmel can certainly do better than this. It feels like cheap plastic and there is nothing appealing about it. But when I bought this concealer, I didn’t really care much about the looks and hoped that the product inside will be good enough to sidetrack this minor negative but the story was a little different. However, I must admit that the packaging is travel-friendly as the lid shuts tightly.


Claims

It asserts to conceal all imperfections, dark circles and discolorations, plus states to last all day. Hmm, let’s find out whether it really satisfies my skin!

Quality and Quantity

The concealer is housed in a pan and the quantity is 6.0g. Not bad at all and cream concealers do tend to last a long time. This cream concealer is tough to work with, especially if the weather is cold and dry. You really need to rely on the warmth of your fingers to pick up the product. No brush or even my beauty blender has the ability to blend this concealer, only my fingers can do so which sometimes requires harsh patting and rubbing as well. 


My Thoughts

Without a moisturized skin, you really cannot handle this product or you would only end up treating your eye area brashly, which is not sensible at all. This concealer comes in 3 shades and I had only 2 shades as an option. I read from a blog that Porcelain had yellow undertones and it seemed like a good fit for me, but I feared the shade might be too light.

Well, the dreaded thing came true and the shade was lighter for my skin tone, not too profoundly, still I didn’t like the look it gave me. It looked ashy and I wouldn’t really call it a yellow toned concealer, it leans more towards the neutral side. This concealer is too drying for my skin tone and mattifies my eye area, which makes my under-eye area look flat matte and patchy as well.

It suffices nicely if applied under a foundation but on top of a base, you’re really headed for a disaster. Even if I had the correct shade, I wouldn’t really have used it again, since I can’t afford to take the time to blend, rub and totally hide the concealer under my skin.  Seriously, I can talk about this product all day long, as there are many snags associated with it. It dries too fast, settles into fine lines, and doesn’t look natural against my skin tone, except at night, it looks fine. Two impressive factors about this concealer are that it is high coverage and does last a very long time or must I say, “It doesn’t really budge, unless you remove it yourself.”

Even my Essence concealer worked better than this and blended into my skin flawlessly. I would give 2 out of 5 to this product, merely because of its longevity and high coverage. To tell you honestly, I don’t feel happy when a product I truly have high hopes for, fails me, which also ends up in a negative review but then, my aim is to give you a factual review and that’s what I am here for.



Would I Recommend?

If you have oily skin, this might work for you and if you find your right match, go ahead but I don’t think Asian skin tones will really benefit from its shade range. Plus, if screaming while blending the product doesn’t annoy you, this will be just made for you, (pun intended) ;-)

Would I Repurchase?

Only in my worst nightmare!

PS: One thing this concealer really taught me is to never buy a cream concealer. They are tough to work with and don’t blend as nicely as a liquid concealer does.



Don’t forget to follow me on Bloglovin and Gfc………..
  
Share love and follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagram and Pinterest……

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I was not expecting that quality from Rimmel. But it might work well for oily skin. Thanks for an honest review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, neither me and yeah it might work for oily beauties. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. Uh-oh! I was thinking to buy this. Glad I didn't! I am on a hunt for a good concealer. Thank you for the review! x

    http://ohmymascara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I am glad you found the review helpful. :)

      Delete
  3. Despite your review it feels like this concealer might suit me I have oily skin and the shade looks right for me and its high coverage too
    Beautyanddewdrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes! That was what I meant in the recommendation section. If it suits your needs, definitely go ahead and purchase it. Do let me know how it worked for your oily skin. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for an honest review! I too feel cream concealers appear a bit patchy if skin is not properly moisturized.

    FANAA'S BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my experience certainly didn't go well and I won't be trying more cream concealers I think. Thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  5. My skin doesn't get along with cream concealers. Definitely prefer liquid ones!

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, cream concealers are not really suitable especially for dry skins. Thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  6. A perfect concealer is hard to find. I use Nyx and it suits me.
    http://www.ThatGrlInHighHeels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, you are right. I have a Nyx liquid concealer in my mind and I would buy it soon. Thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  7. You know cream concealers are usually a disappointment and this one has proved so. Even the packaging looks cheap. It seems Rimmel has lost its touch because it's lagging behind in competition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you are so right. I can't tell you how much I've started hating this concealer. I didn't expect such a poor quality from Rimmel, atleast. Never mind, big companies do make blunders sometimes.

      Delete

Readers I love to read your comments so feel free to comment on my blog but please keep a lid on bad language. If you have any questions or queries, email me at beautyheidi8@gmail.com